256, the global digital agency, leading the content marketing revolution in Ireland and beyond is expanding its senior team with a Head of Content and Social.This exciting role combines strategy, creative, content and social through a lens of data and digital to help us service our growing client roster across the globe.
The ideal candidate has a background in digital marketing with relevant agency experience focused on delivering creative, hard-working content strategies and social amplification plans. The ideal candidate has a minimum five years’ experience and a broad portfolio of creative B2C and B2B work.
Our ideal candidate is a thought leader, with proven skills in mentoring and growing high-performing data-driven content and social teams.
Above all we are looking for a great leader to inspire our team and clients and to align with our values of doing the work we love to help brave brands grow audiences in our post cookie age.
Does this sound like you?
You will help architect the stories that our B2B and B2C clients tell, as well as overseeing their content strategy rooted in SEO best practices.
An ideas person, you are an expert in all things related to content and channel optimisation, brand consistency and meaningful measurement.
You will lead the 256 content teams through your own example of best practice, content strategy development, writing, editing and content production. You have great editorial flair and enjoy content ideation informed by data and analysis.
You have an innate understanding of omni-channel marketing with a focus on organic social media with the technical skills to match.
You are at ease liaising and pitching to the senior teams of our clients and representing the agency in presentations and conferences.
You will work with your agency colleagues to measure effectiveness and understand drivers of impact on content and social media performance.
The Head of Content and Social oversees content marketing initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive awareness, engagement and leads.
The successful candidate will lead our team to plan and execute our client’s content and social strategy. This requires leadership, mentoring and the ability to assess the quality and productivity of the team from a content perspective.
- Developing and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, social distribution, maintenance and content repurposing.
- Mentoring and development of content and social media skills in the team.
- Coordination with other teams across the agency.
- Ensuring all content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Mapping out content strategies for clients that supports and extends marketing initiatives, determining which methods work for engaging their target audiences and why.
- Work closely with our Creative Studio team on all creative initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
Experience And Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- 5+ years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content and social media creation at companies who target B2B + B2C audiences.
Specific Skills Required Include
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or digital journalist you know how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and have an innate understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- You know what content works on social and why. You are constantly in search of opportunities to engage clients with their ideal audiences on the right channels.
- The ability to lead, inspire, and organise teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve the client’s stated goals.
- Proven ability to write with sparkle and teach your team how to do the same across websites, blogs, ebooks, email, social, video.
- Proven success in content campaigns with a focus on creative ideation.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within ongoing campaigns and content sprints. Ability to find and utilise contractors in content delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Great people skills.
- Fluency in web analytics tools and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- 5+ years’ experience in content marketing, digital journalism and publishing roles
- Experience in social media, editorial, content marketing, and brand marketing
- Experience developing content based on brand, product, and/or educational narratives
- Experience with content management and analytics platforms
- Production experience working with designers to develop eBooks, publications, videos, social and related assets.
- Experience in B2B marketing, with exposure to both small and medium-size businesses along with solid experience working with B2C brands.
Send your CV and a cover letter detailing the five reasons why you are the perfect fit for this role to email@example.com by Friday 18th June 2021. The position will start in mid-July 2021.
256 supports remote and flexible working through its hybrid/remote policy. This role is open to candidates who live in Ireland and the UK. Some attendance at our Dublin HQ will be required.
We do not need help from agencies at this time.